Toni T. Wade, Executive Director
Born in Champaign, IL, Toni T. Wade grew up with a strong work ethic at the age of 11 where she went to work with her mother at Kraft doing the payroll and learned to fill out taxes every year just to help her mother make ends meet. She also learned how to budget, take care of a household and cook for her family while her mother was at work. Taking on a more grown-up role and helping with the daily care of the home was how she contributed to her family. Not only did this instill some powerful lessons about work ethic, responsibility and will, but it also taught her how to dream for the life she wanted to create for herself. She was driven, determined and destined to achieve whatever she set out to do.
So after obtaining a B.S. in Middle Grades Education from University of North Carolina, a M. Ed. In Educational Policy Studies from University of Illinois and taking post-doctoral studies at Fielding Graduate University, she realized that she had a passion for teaching others and helping them achieve their goals. So she worked as the Gifted Math & Science Specialist in middle grades for Champaign Unit 4 Schools where she self-identified gifted African American students who were not properly identified through state-mandated testing. She also served as the Education Specialist for Congressman Ford through the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s Congressional Fellowship Program so that she could improve educational policy at the national level and impact public education at the local level in Memphis, TN. She also worked at Boeing as the Employee Engagement and Labor Relations Specialist where she was able to build her skillset in public speaking, negotiations, HR policy and business acumen. The culmination of these experiences helped her build three successful businesses – The HomeQuest Group, A-ONE Credit Source and Project Outreach – where she now serves as CEO and Interim Executive Director.
But it was only until 2009 that she realized her true passion – REAL ESTATE INVESTING! God began revealing to her ways to combine her love for teaching and real estate to help those who were less fortunate and underserved, especially ex-offenders and aging-out youth who were already disadvantaged due to bad choices and circumstances. So for the past 9 years, she has structured dozens of real estate deals that have positioned her to develop real estate training showing people how to become self sufficient as real estate investors. She also established a unique transitional housing model that teaches individuals how to live a life free and self-sustained. So now her love for real estate, teaching and helping others has given her the ability to positively impact those who are less fortunate and help them develop sustainable skills.
When she’s not investing in real estate, she enjoys traveling and spending time with her family, especially her 6-year old son Tyler.
Education, Awards & Accomplishments
- FIELDING UNIVERSITY, Santa Barbara, CA, PhD student, Human & Organizational Systems
- UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS, Champaign-Urbana, IL, Masters in Educational Policy Studies
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA, Charlotte, NC, Bachelors in Middle Grades Education
- Graduated Cum Laude – BA and Ed. M. Degrees
- Congressional Black Caucus Fellow, 2001
- Boeing Rising Star Award, 2008
- Became licensed real estate agent, 2012
- Joined Fortune Builders, a highly recognized, real estate investment training program by Than Merrill of Flip This House, 2012
- Made $81,000 first year in real estate investing, 2012
- Developed our Homeownership NOW program which helps families with poor credit obtain homeownership, 2014
- Purchased thirty-five (35) properties, one (1) lot and one (1) storage facility since 2009.
- Constructed 30+ real estate transactions ranging from flips and wholesale deals to lease options and buy-and-hold properties.
- Developed, maintained and managed 10+ multifamily properties and continues to purchase buy-and-hold real estate.
- Honed rehab skills by attending and implementing training provided by Fortune Builder’s Rehabbing Summit.
- Combined lease options and credit restoration services to establish converted lease options program known as Converting Lease Options and Lease Options Made Simple.
These are the key members that help position the organization for success and we value their insight and feedback. We meet regularly to assess our processes to ensure we stay focused on our vision and goals.
Paula brings executive administration, forward thinking and years of corporate experience to the team and program participants.
Erika’s background in credit restoration and financial services brings depth to the training offered to our clients.
Michelle brings a wealth of accounting, HR knowledge and experience to help successfully structure Project Outreach.