A Systematic Approach to Transforming Lives Through Training
Welcome to Project Outreach St. Louis, a 501(c)(3) organization, where we help underserved and underrepresented individuals develop skills in becoming self-sufficient, productive contributors to society. Homelessness, poverty and recidivism is relatively high among justice-involved individuals, aging-out youth and veterans. We believe in order to significantly reduce these conditions, you have to address the core issues that impact them – housing, employment, training and development. At Project Outreach, we have developed a systematic approach to positively impact these areas and are committed to helping transform their lives and the community.
OUR MISSION & VISION
Project Outreach seeks to be a catalyst to prevent homelessness, reduce recidivism and eradicate poverty. In order to achieve the vision, we will:
- Develop and follow a systematic approach to learning;
- Implement best practices to create desired results;
- Deliver skills training services based on factual needs;
- Use only the best, preferably accredited, service providers;
- Create solid partnerships with suppliers, collaborators, sponsors and clients;
- Obtain the buy-in of most important stakeholders;
- Build a solid reputation known for delivery, and sound values and ethics;
- Ensure the long-term sustainability of the enterprise; and
- Ensure visible and measurable success resulting in a ripple effect throughout the community.
We train utilizing two different models – traditional training facilities and unique satellite models. Regardless of the model, once participants are selected to participate, they will live together learning key elements of real estate investing, general construction, entrepreneurship, financial literacy, homeownership and personal development. They will also build trust, camaraderie and accountability among themselves, promoting successful program completion and achieving program goals.
By the end of their training, each participant will not only possess sustainable skills and own their own investment property, but they will be living for free as they replicate this model in their own property in partnership with Project Outreach. Furthermore, as graduates and mentors of the program, they will be living a transformed life giving back to their peers and the community. TRANSFORMED LIVES TRANSFORM CITIES!
Our training and development curriculum offers training in the following areas:
- Real Estate Investing
- General Construction
- Personal Banking
- Financial Literacy
- Personal Development/Life Skills
Our training contains more than 85 weeks of 90-minute modules, independent study and on-the-job (OJT) training. Participants work in study groups applying the covered material and attend monthly refresher workshops to reinforce their learning. After completion, participants are assessed on all cumulative material learned and graduate from the training and development program with various licenses and certifications.
Almost 40% of the homeless in the United States are under 18.
More than 25% of former foster children become homeless within two to four years of leaving the system.
50% of adolescents aging out of foster care and juvenile justice systems will be homeless within six months because they are unprepared to live independently and have limited education and no social support.
- Within three years of release, 67.8 percent of ex-offenders are rearrested, and within five years, 76.6 percent are rearrested.
- With more than 2 million people incarcerated in the United States, recidivism harms both the families of inmates and society in general, as taxpayers continue to support a broken system that sets ex-offenders up to fail once they are released.
These facts are what drives us everyday to stay focused on our mission and we are committed to making a difference. We have developed multiple programs for partners who provide housing and training to to justice-involved individuals, youth and veterans. Clients participating in our programs will experience the following outcomes:
- Core real estate investing skills
- OJT, Licensing and/or Certification in one or more areas
- Competency in basic financial skills
- Credit restoration
- First-Time Homebuyer funds for closing
- Documented business & business plan
- Investment property/homeownership
- Sustainable income
- A TRANSFORMED LIFE!
5415 Page Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63112
(314) 833-3778 office
(314) 261-9440 fax
Mon-Fri: 8:00am – 6:00pm